- Rabbids Amusement Centre...
- Maximizing Childrenís Po...
- Special Needs Camp: A Fu...
- ANNUAL TEACHER APPRECIATION CONTEST
- ARTS & CULTURE
- CHARITY FUNDRAISING
- COMMUNITY CONNECTIONS
- COVER STORY
- DINA DIMITRATOS
- EMPLOYMENT & ENTREPRENEURSHIP
- F TE DE LA FAMILLE
- F TE DU QUARTIER SAINT-BRUNO
- FESTIVAL LAVAL LAUGHS
- F TE DE QUARTIER VAL-DES-BRISES
- HEALTH & WELL-BEING
- 30 MINUTE HIT
- CHILDREN`S HEALTH & WELLNESS
- CLOSE AID
- DENTAL WELLNESS
- EXTREME EVOLUTION SPORTS CENTRE
- FONDATION CIT… DE LA SANT…
- HEARING HEALTH
- MESSAGES FROM THE HEALTH AGENCY OF CANADA
- MENTAL HEALTH
- SOCIAL INTEGRATION
- SPECIAL NEEDS
- THE NUTRITION CORNER
- THE NUTRITION CORNER - RECIPES
- VACATION DESTINATION
- WOMEN'S FITNESS
- WOMEN'S HEALTH
- HILTON MONTREAL/LAVAL
- HOME & GARDEN
- INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY
- JAGUAR LAVAL
- LAVAL ņ V…LO
- LAVAL FAMILIES TV SHOW
- LAVAL FAMILIES MAGAZINE CARES
- LAVAL URBAN IN NATURE
- LE PARCOURS DES H…ROS
- LES PETITS GOURMETS DANS MA COUR
- LEON'S FURNITURE
- LEONARDO DA VINCI CENTRE
- LFM PREMIERES
- LIFE BALANCE
- MISS EDGAR'S AND MISS CRAMP'S SCHOOL
- MISSING CHILDREN'S NETWORK
- NORTH STAR ACADEMY LAVAL
- PASSION SOCCER
- PARC DE LA RIVI»RE-DES-MILLE-őLES
- P¬TISSERIE ST-MARTIN
- PIZZERIA LŐOLņ
- PLACE BELL
- PORTRAITS OF YOUR MNA'S
- ROCKET DE LAVAL
- SACRED HEART SCHOOL
- SHERATON LAVAL HOTEL
- STATION 55
- SUBARU DE LAVAL
- TODAY`S LAURENTIANS AND LANAUDI»RE
- TODAY`S LAVAL
- WARNER MUSIC
- THIS ISSUE
- MOST RECENT
You Donít Need to be Anxious at the Dentist Anymore!
of dental patients experience some level of anxiety when they visit the
dentist. However, it doesnít have to be that way Ė FDA approved Nu-Calm can
make a difference!
Nu-Calm is a safe, proven system that quickly relaxes you without the use of narcotics or controlled substances. Nu-Calm changes your brainwaves from wakefulness to the first stage of sleep ―a feeling of relaxation and peacefulness like deep meditation through the use of ďunique headphonesĒ.
The treatment is as simple as 1-2-3!
1. A cream is smoothed onto your neck which contains Gamma-Amino Butyric acid (GABA) and L-Theanine. Both of these substances help relax the neurons bringing about a state of relaxation;
2. Micro current stimulation patches are placed behind your ears resulting in a soothing effect;
3. Noise-dampening earphones are placed over your ears which use a special Frequency Following Response (FFR) software, changing the frequency of the brainwaves from high functioning beta waves to pre-sleep alpha waves. The soothing music calms and relaxes you further to take your mind off the dentist. However, you can still hear the dentist and respond to voice commands during the procedure;
4. You wear black-out glasses which help block out the light and prevent you from watching what the dentist is doing.
The more stressed or anxious you are, the more profound the Nu-Calm effect will be.
Nu-Calm benefits include:
- You can relax and not be so stressed with the dentistry process.
- 95% of patients feel rejuvenated after their appointment and experience a profound sleep that evening.
- You will be conscious and able to respond to voice commands; Nu-Calm is less intrusive than sedation techniques
- Since there are no post-treatment impairments, you can come and go from dental appointments on your own.
- There is reduced salivary flow and less gagging which promotes better dentistry as motor responses are dulled.
The 2013 and 2015 Stanley Cup champions started using Nu-Calm in 2013 for stress management and improved sleep quality! Clinique Dentaire Kavanagh et Ormond were the FIRST dental clinic in Quebec to offer the Nu-Calm experience. Come try it for yourself!
Remember: Confidence starts with a smile!
For additional information on Nu-Calm, please visit:
CONTESTS Enter our contests
COMMUNITY Posts Events
PUBLICATIONS Our Magazine Family Resource Directory
LFM BUSINESS NETWORK Learn more
COUPONS Click to save!
E-NEWSLETTER Subscribe to our E-newsletter Un-Subscribe
WRITE FOR US Guidelines & Submissions
POLLS Vote today!
SUGGESTIONS Reader's Survey Suggest a Listing
LFM About Us Our Mission Giving Back Contact Us