- Summer Fun for Everyone
- Personalized Care & Inno...
- Come One, Come All
- ARTS & CULTURE
- CHAMBRE DE COMMERCE ET D'INDUSTRIE DE LAVAL
- COMMUNITY CONNECTIONS
- EMPLOYMENT & ENTREPRENEURSHIP
- HEALTH & WELL-BEING
- HOME & GARDEN
- LAVAL FAMILIES TV SHOW
- LAVAL FAMILIES MAGAZINE CARES
- LAVAL URBAN IN NATURE
- LFM PREMIERES
- LIFE BALANCE
- TODAY`S LAURENTIANS AND LANAUDIÈRE
- TODAY`S LAVAL
- THIS ISSUE
- MOST RECENT
New! 'A Listening Method'
Your brain understands what the ear hears!
Everyone processes and learns new
information in different ways.
There are three main cognitive learning
styles: visual, auditory, and kinesthetic. Today we
decided to share on how and why listening, visualizing, and sensing play a huge
The ability of listening is closely related to the capacity for learning and communicating. Listening, which serves auditory comprehension, is defined as using the ear consciously to process information for the purpose of learning and communicating. The ability to learn through visualizing is an easier way to learn for many individuals who are naturally more visual, but is not as helpful when it comes to learning languages. However, the importance of listening is the “royal road” for language development and communication and provides the basis for human growth.
Hearing disruptions can cause problems with discrimination, auditory lateralization, spatial, and the ability to isolate an auditory message from the surrounding noise. Brain confusions or disruptions often require greater effort to understand a message. This can result in message errors and false interpretation, which increases levels of tiredness, irritability, and withdrawal. As a result, attention, memory, communication, and social skill can suffer.
Emotional blockages may also develop in people who face a reorganization of their routines, increased responsibilities, loss of familiar references, or increased pressure that can prevent people from listening. One can become stuck emotionally at a young age, namely the age at which they suffered the original trauma, preventing normal emotional growth and good listening. In cases involving stress-related disorders and depression, the muscles in the middle ear are worked out and strengthened under the Tomatis Method® to remove inhibition mechanisms of listening and enable the precise and harmonious integration of acoustic information to the inner ear and then to the brain.
The Tomatis Training helps thousands of children, adults and seniors who suffer from learning difficulties, disabilities and disorders such as:
- Affective and Emotional Disorders
- Asperger’s Syndrome
- Auditory processing
- Communication Disorders
- Delayed reading and writing
- Down Syndrome
- Global developmental delay
- Improvement of the Voice and of Musicality
- Integration of Foreign Languages
- Memory loss
- Obsessive compulsive behaviour
- Oppositional defiance behaviour
- Personal Development and Wellbeing
- Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD)
- Preparation for Child Birth
- Psychomotor Difficulties
- Sensory Processing Disorders
- Better organization and understanding of directions
- Improvement of their language
- Calming of constant mental chatter
- Decrease in irritability and stress
- Lessening of tension and stress and establishing a positive view of life
- Enhancing a sense of wellbeing
- Improvement of attention, concentration, and memory when doing tasks
- Improvement of balance and body posture, ease back problem, and decrease in bodily pain
- Improvement of communication skills
- Improvement of word recall, and name recognition
- Improvement of relationship with friends and family
- Improvement of speech
- Increase in energy and vitality
- Increase in self-confidence, self-esteem and self-motivation
- Increase in capacity for processing and absorbing information
- Jump start imagination and nourish new ideas
- Decrease in hours spent on homework
- Decrease in sound sensitivity
- Decrease in worries, anxiety, and/or depression
- Strengthening alertness to sound
- Stimulation of curiosity
Learning is not to be raced and there is a pace and method that is right for each individual!
CONTESTS Enter our contests
COMMUNITY Posts Events
PUBLICATIONS Our Magazine Family Resource Directory
LFM BUSINESS NETWORK Learn more
COUPONS Click to save!
E-NEWSLETTER Subscribe to our E-newsletter Un-Subscribe
WRITE FOR US Guidelines & Submissions
POLLS Vote today!
SUGGESTIONS Reader's Survey Suggest a Listing
LFM About Us Our Mission Giving Back Contact Us