- The Natural Heritage of ...
- November: Runaway Preven...
- 10 Candles for the Pédal...
- ANNUAL TEACHER APPRECIATION CONTEST
- ARTS & CULTURE
- CHARITY FUNDRAISING
- COMMUNITY CONNECTIONS
- COVER STORY
- DINA DIMITRATOS
- EMPLOYMENT & ENTREPRENEURSHIP
- FÊTE DE LA FAMILLE
- FÊTE DU QUARTIER SAINT-BRUNO
- FESTIVAL LAVAL LAUGHS
- FÊTE DE QUARTIER VAL-DES-BRISES
- HEALTH & WELL-BEING
- 30 MINUTE HIT
- CHILDREN`S HEALTH & WELLNESS
- CLOSE AID
- DENTAL WELLNESS
- EXTREME EVOLUTION SPORTS CENTRE
- FONDATION CITÉ DE LA SANTÉ
- HEARING HEALTH
- MESSAGES FROM THE HEALTH AGENCY OF CANADA
- MENTAL HEALTH
- SOCIAL INTEGRATION
- SPECIAL NEEDS
- THE NUTRITION CORNER
- THE NUTRITION CORNER - RECIPES
- VACATION DESTINATION
- WOMEN'S FITNESS
- WOMEN'S HEALTH
- HILTON MONTREAL/LAVAL
- HOME & GARDEN
- JAGUAR LAVAL
- LAVAL À VÉLO
- LAVAL FAMILIES TV SHOW
- LAVAL FAMILIES MAGAZINE CARES
- LAVAL URBAN IN NATURE
- LE PARCOURS DES HÉROS
- LES PETITS GOURMETS DANS MA COUR
- LEON'S FURNITURE
- LEONARDO DA VINCI CENTRE
- LFM PREMIERES
- LIFE BALANCE
- MISS EDGAR'S AND MISS CRAMP'S SCHOOL
- MISSING CHILDREN'S NETWORK
- PARC DE LA RIVIÈRE-DES-MILLE-ÎLES
- PÂTISSERIE ST-MARTIN
- PIZZERIA LÌOLÀ
- PLACE BELL
- PORTRAITS OF YOUR MNA'S
- ROCKET DE LAVAL
- SHERATON LAVAL HOTEL
- SUBARU DE LAVAL
- TODAY`S LAURENTIANS AND LANAUDIÈRE
- TODAY`S LAVAL
- WARNER MUSIC
- THIS ISSUE
- MOST RECENT
After 32 years, Clinique Dentaire Kavanagh et Ormond is relocating to Centropolis!
Dentistry is a profession in transition. What will be the landscape of the future?
The traditional small, single practitioner is losing ground to the large dental
Since 1985, the costs of managing a dental office have dramatically increased primarily due to the innovations of technology.
Simply consider how much cellular phones and computers have improved in the last 10 years with regards to size, speed and functionality! Similarly, in dentistry, there have been enormous changes. For example, to list a few:
- The high standards of sterilization with the advent of HIV and hepatitis. The addition of gloves, masks, sterilizers, disposable items, disinfectants and sophisticated sterilizers
- Dental materials have changed from mercury-laden silver fillings to biocompatible esthetic white restorations
- Impression trays have been replaced by high-tech digital impression technology with 3-D scanners such as iTERO
- Checking dysfunctional bites, abnormal muscle activity and jaw tracking with computer-based technology
- Dental clinics offer in-office milling machines for creating crowns and bridges
- I-CAT 3-dimensional radiographs are utilized to study temporomandibular joints and implant placement
- Lasers are very versatile ―they can cut gingiva and bone; they can heal cold sores and can detect tooth decay inside the tooth
- Digital radiography enables the patient to have less radiation and better imagery for diagnoses
- Root canals have transitioned from manual cleaning of the roots to rotary instrumentation
- The necessity of costly websites which speak to the younger generation
In short, the future holds great promise!
However, these advances come with a price which is too costly for most solo practitioners to absorb. So, with our commitment to offer state-of-the-art dentistry, we are pleased to announce that our entire dental team will be joining a wonderfully talented team in Centropolis. We look forward to offering our patients many more years of quality and comfort that they expect from us while staying at the same price point.
Remember: confidence starts with a smile!
CONTESTS Enter our contests
COMMUNITY Posts Events
PUBLICATIONS Our Magazine Family Resource Directory
LFM BUSINESS NETWORK Learn more
COUPONS Click to save!
E-NEWSLETTER Subscribe to our E-newsletter Un-Subscribe
WRITE FOR US Guidelines & Submissions
POLLS Vote today!
SUGGESTIONS Reader's Survey Suggest a Listing
LFM About Us Our Mission Giving Back Contact Us