- Judith Bougie: The Woman...
- Spring in the City of La...
- Claudia Marques: On and ...
- ANNUAL TEACHER APPRECIATION CONTEST
- APPUI LAVAL
- ARTS & CULTURE
- CENTENNIAL ACADEMY
- CHARITY FUNDRAISING
- COMMUNITY CONNECTIONS
- COVER STORY
- DINA DIMITRATOS
- EMPLOYMENT & ENTREPRENEURSHIP
- FÊTE DE LA FAMILLE
- FÊTE DU QUARTIER SAINT-BRUNO
- FESTIVAL LAVAL LAUGHS
- FÊTE DE QUARTIER VAL-DES-BRISES
- HEALTH & WELL-BEING
- 30 MINUTE HIT
- CHILDREN`S HEALTH & WELLNESS
- CLOSE AID
- DENTAL WELLNESS
- EXTREME EVOLUTION SPORTS CENTRE
- FONDATION CITÉ DE LA SANTÉ
- HEARING HEALTH
- MESSAGES FROM THE HEALTH AGENCY OF CANADA
- MENTAL HEALTH
- SOCIAL INTEGRATION
- SPECIAL NEEDS
- THE NUTRITION CORNER
- THE NUTRITION CORNER - RECIPES
- VACATION DESTINATION
- WOMEN'S FITNESS
- WOMEN'S HEALTH
- HILTON MONTREAL/LAVAL
- HOME & GARDEN
- INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY
- JAGUAR LAVAL
- LAVAL À VÉLO
- LAVAL FAMILIES TV SHOW
- LAVAL FAMILIES MAGAZINE CARES
- LAVAL URBAN IN NATURE
- LE PARCOURS DES HÉROS
- LES PETITS GOURMETS DANS MA COUR
- LEON'S FURNITURE
- LEONARDO DA VINCI CENTRE
- LFM PREMIERES
- LIFE BALANCE
- MISS EDGAR'S AND MISS CRAMP'S SCHOOL
- MISSING CHILDREN'S NETWORK
- NORTH STAR ACADEMY LAVAL
- PASSION SOCCER
- PARC DE LA RIVIÈRE-DES-MILLE-ÎLES
- PÂTISSERIE ST-MARTIN
- PIZZERIA LÌOLÀ
- PLACE BELL
- PORTRAITS OF YOUR MNA'S
- ROCKET DE LAVAL
- SACRED HEART SCHOOL
- SHERATON LAVAL HOTEL
- STATION 55
- SUBARU DE LAVAL
- TODAY`S LAURENTIANS AND LANAUDIÈRE
- TODAY`S LAVAL
- WARNER MUSIC
- THIS ISSUE
- MOST RECENT
Finding a Daycare Service
Looking for a daycare center can be difficult and we often don't know where to start. Here are some websites that may help you in your search.
Ministère de la Famille
The Ministère de la Famille offers a childcare establishment locator by administrative region and by CLSC territory. All you have to do is indicate the kind of place you are looking for (a reduced contribution place, a place for a toddler, a place in a child care centre or in a family setting). The search engine then lists the areas that offer a daycare, but doesn't show if they have room or not. A listing then offers contact information and even a map.
The registration desk on the centralized waiting list (BILA) for daycares has been created to regroup all remaining places. Not all regions are listed yet, but this site will be your best bet to find a subsidized spot in Quebec.
Daycare Bear was launched September 1st, 2005. This website is a meeting point for daycare services (daycare centers, childcare centers and babysitters) and parents from Quebec. By offering detailed and up-to-date information on public and private daycare center spaces, this site makes it easier for parents who want to find a daycare service quickly. The amount of registered daycare services depends directly on the amount of available spaces since it only lists those daycare services. By entering your search criteria (service type, location), you get a very detailed list of available places, contact information, services offered, daily rates and a personalised description of the place.
J’me fais une place en garderie
J’me fais une place en garderie is a resource that supports daycare services for children with a motor disability in Montreal. Since 1994, the small team of 4 caregivers encourages parents and daycare services to take control of the child's inclusion process. They also offer their help in the process of finding an adapted daycare service.
L’Association des garderies privées du Québec
It simply offers a list of contact information for all daycare centers that are members of this association.
Of course, by using search engines such as Google and Yahoo!, you can be more specific in your search, but be ready to spend a few hours looking!
If you know other interesting websites to find daycare services, let us know.
Some important questions to choose wisely
- When is the service open?
- Are there any late fees?
- What is the educator's schedule, 4 days/5 days?
- How are children arrivals and departures handled?
- What is the child/educator ratio for the age group you need?
- Will a child be refused if he is sick, and under what circumstances?
- On what holidays is the daycare service closed?
- Must parents pay on holidays?
- Do parents have vacation days without fees?
- How many places are there?
- What must you provide the child with?
- What can the child bring for his naps?
- What is the nap schedule?
- Must parents be involved? Must they do volunteer work? How often?
- Is there a parents' committee?
- How many times per week do the kids go outside, depending on the season?
- Have the educators been there for a long time or is there a frequent employee turnover?
- Who cleans the place and how often?
- How and how often are toys disinfected?
- What are the hygiene routines with children?
- How are the meals organized?
- Who prepares the meals?
- How are they trained?
- Must parents provide lunches and snacks?
- Can you check the menus?
- What values does the daycare service put forward?
- Do educators prepare activity programs?
- Are activity programs less structured in summer because of the nice weather?
- What do they do during heat waves?
- Are there organized outings outside the daycare center?
- Must parents pay for these outings?
- Must parents come along on these outings?
- What is the adult/child ratio on these outings?
- Do parents receive a daily report about their child?
- What is the procedure when conflicts arise among children?
- What training do educators have?
- Do educators attend yearly training seminars?
- Does the daycare service accept handicapped children?
- Does the daycare service offer activities with specialized teachers (e.g.: French, dance, etc.). If so, must you pay for these activities?
To read more articles from Motherforlife website, please visit Motherforlife.com
CONTESTS Enter our contests
COMMUNITY Posts Events
PUBLICATIONS Our Magazine Family Resource Directory
LFM BUSINESS NETWORK Learn more
COUPONS Click to save!
E-NEWSLETTER Subscribe to our E-newsletter Un-Subscribe
WRITE FOR US Guidelines & Submissions
POLLS Vote today!
SUGGESTIONS Reader's Survey Suggest a Listing
LFM About Us Our Mission Giving Back Contact Us